Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Cycle of life

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14886875/?claim=n3agj3ujzp3">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Every second, every minute, every hour, every day, every week, every month and every year tick, tick, tick goes our biological clock. It's not sudden when we look in the mirror and find ourselves with droopy eyelids, the corner creases, the smile, the confusion. It creeps in slowly yet steadily as we wake up each day and get so lost in our routine. A look back into those photos, a childhood friend reminding your good old days, your children as they grow so quickly. Just a reminder of our once fastidious mind that could hold so much is now dwelling within the concerns of our own home. We forget, we try to remember and not so long later we are confused, our hands start shaking as if we are left out in the cold without the gloves. As I watch my papa try hard to be that he was in his younger days, trying to keep up the same gusto while he was young assuring me that he is still upto it. I know he is not. His memory is fading, his arguments are invalid, his hands shake as he tries to press the number to dial on the phone, his family and fighting spirit is always on the front, a lot more than said. But he is still my papa. I didn't see my mum getting old. but something in him got put out ever since. His fear of being alone, his fear of his family not being able to be with him, his many other fears that I didn't see when my mum was there. All of a sudden it surfaced from no where. Prayers keep him sane and his children's visits and phone calls. Always boasting of what he is doing at his age while others are just whiling away. We let him speak and have an occasional argument. Like we would do while correcting a child. But we dare not keep the phone without making peace. This is just the beginning as I hear stories from friends and those close to me of their parents and worse if their partner would have passed away too soon. I soak it all in readying myself for the journey of the cycle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment