Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Image in the dark

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I opened the fridge to keep some freshly bought mangoes and I spotted a can of coke!.
Not that its anything but a can of coke survived my fridge that too over a weekend and the highlight is I purchased it last week!
So that for me is a biggie! no Sodas have stayed in my fridge for more than 48 hours.
I have this full length mirror in my room and has been there for a while now, just last week for no apparent reason I stood in front of it after a shower, the bathroom light cast a shadow over the dark room (the curtains were given for wash) so I avoided turning on any lights in the bedroom to avoid any peeking Tom's (if there was)from the next building.
I stood there half in the light and half the dark and saw myself all wrapped up pretty in a towel, applying moisturizer to my hands and feet (you get the drill)
As I was reaching out for my clothes laid out on the bed, I saw this part of me, a side of me that i never saw in the light. CELLULITES! over the nook and corners of my body, I looked like a 80yr old (BTW I am 32). it scared me, how come I never gave a thought to this before. It seemed i recognised myself more in the dark than in the light. Now I am not big on exercise kind of person, but i am regular walker and not so very much into other fitness. Yes, I like my coffee and Tea's in sugar and full fat milk and the biscuits that go along with it. But C'mon! really!

Actually that night my body's image scared me so much, that I stopped- YES I stopped the consumption of Tea and coffee and all that gives me pleasure, the very next day.
You would wonder why tea and coffee first of all- because more than food that is the culprit where I happily drown spoonful of sugar and flow of fresh full fat milk in it.So that's the first thing I needed to stop.

How's it going till now not waking up to my cup of coffee? Frankly i do feel the pains and urges but its nothing compared to what I saw that scarred me of my image.
It's been a week now and these days i have been drinking green juices (barf) and getting used to it now very soon I am looking into these overnight porridges thingy. I am getting there. slowly and steady I am getting there.
So the next time my curtains go for wash, I will be able to stand and look and myself without a shock!

No comments:

Post a Comment