Thursday, April 28, 2016

Eye twitches and Superstitons

No person i have met has been spared from tales of superstition. Even friends from the most progressive modern country also have their tales of granny said superstition.

It's been a few days since under my right eye has been twitching, I looked up the faithful Google what are the causes of it, it gave a number of symptoms to choose from which very much matched mine sleeplessness and stress. oh! perfect. Solved.

It did also give me the dark side to the effects causes and symptoms of eye twitching. hmm! it couldn't be that bad. I mean i know i have been struggling to sleep since a few days and its very common for me, since I have been struggling to sleep for a few years now actually. A few days is quite an understatement.

I took an "eye" pack from the fridge and kept it on my eye just to cool it down. The Eyes that used to be known as the window to the soul has been working overtime since the boom of technology and hasn't stopped since. It's been over worked and over tired and over used..Nowadays the eyes are known for the window to virtual knowledge.

In the middle of it all a weird thought passed my mind. If i had my crazy family with me they wouldn't be bothered with this medical term and all, they would be telling me "its a good sign" or "some good news is coming" or "a windfall of luck" especially the right eye means "more favor".
Can I tell you from the last 30 years any weird twitching or itching or hair falling or walking or talking none of these has ever come to pass. Where do these ideas come from? even asking the oldest member of my household left her clueless too.

I went back online to put eye twitching superstitions and voila! it was there, who needed my crazy family members to remind me when the internet is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment