Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Horoscopes!!

Every morning when I open my laptop and log on to the very famous domains of our times, i have this sneaky instant urge that's turned into a guilty habit of checking my horoscope. i know its harmless thing but after years of vowing myself to stop reading it.
No, i am not a believer because through the years
- i didn't encounter a red hair girl to give me something to hold onto.
- feelings for a special someone will come in to being
- my spirits didn't hit a high point in the next couple of days
- neither did I let anybody close to me put pressure into hasty decisions
and my predictions goes on and on (bearing in mind there are other half million with the same star as mine)
somehow there is a sneaky temporary happiness and I tell myself its the last time i am reading this one.
Since my younger days I've always been drawn to such kind of mysteries like palm reading, horoscopes, tarot readers and related things. When I was younger I used to walk with my grandma to the market almost daily and I used to see these people sitting on the corner street with a parrot inside a small cage, so as someone would go to them they would open the tiny gate for the parrot to walk out and pick a card and the reading would be done.
I was filled with so much fascination and inquisitiveness but yet I would never dare to go near them. Thanks to my grandma and the over protective family that used speak of so much horror about them. but still!
Am I a believer? No! of course not.
But still that rush when I open the newspaper, magazine, open webpages, etc. ahh! too many, too much. steal a glance.

My phone pings and as I click the image on the screen a picture with a girl with no hands and a caption on it- How will her future be determined? no hands? can it be read? ......
uh oh! here we go again!


No comments:

Post a Comment